THIS WEEK ONLY: 20% OFF! Regular price $82,- Now $65,60!
(valid until October 15 - VAT for EU excl.)
INSTANT ACCESS CLASS
this class is all about trees!
Trees are most important to us. They give us oxygen, we use their wood to build our houses and warm ourselves… and where would us artists be without paper, brushes, easels, frames etc… And for many painters, trees are one of the greatest sources of inspiration!
In the first part of this class I'll take you to gorgeous France. You see how I sketch my favourite trees on location and I recommend you to do the same. Catch the vibe of being in nature! In a beautiful garden with stunning views of the hills near Toulouse, you'll be introduced to playing with acrylic inks. In the second part we visit my studio where I will share with you step by step: working on the foundation, colour choice and composition, painting layers and adding details with inks. I encourage you to paint in a loose, abstract and impressionistic style.
This class is for beginners or experienced painters. Watch the 1st lesson for free and get a good impression of what to expect. You find it below in 'Curriculum'.
447 satisfied school members!
"‘Trees in the light’ is incredibly beautiful and inspiring! I’ve learnt so much and enjoyed playing and experimenting. Marloes’ explanation is clear and really amazing. She’s my hero! I wish you a lot of painting pleasure!"
- Marion, Student, Trees in the Light
Get started now!
working with wood and twigs
In the class we work with acrylic paint and acrylic inks. We create a series of 4 tree paintings. What makes this class such a rich experience is that you’re not solely focusing on trees as a subject, but also using tools which trees have provided for us. We’re working on wooden panels and using twigs for some of the detailed line work.
suitable for all seasons
Another good thing about trees is, they’re always there! This class is suitable for all seasons. Wonderful blossom trees in spring, full and green crowns in summer, warm and rusty colours in autumn and even in winter you can focus on the bare trees or evergreen trees.
Get started now!
Marloes Bloedjes alias Luz is an artist living in The Netherlands, creating colorful, abstract paintings and mixed media artworks. She enjoys long walks in nature. Back home she mixes her impressions with her rich inner world. When these two come together, magical creations are born. In addition to her work as an artist, she teaches adults and children in her studio since 2010.
Since 2018 Luz is developing online classes, together with her partner, photo/videographer Anthony Verolme.
"In my art I feel a deep connection with myself and my inner world. If there were no art, there were no me."
by the end of this class you will be able to...
- get inspired by nature and find your favourite trees
- make quick sketches on location, using basic shapes
- master 6 different acrylic ink painting techniques
- transform your sketch into an acrylic piece of art
- paint your trees step by step, from rough to more detailed
- create art with a loose, impressionistic and playful style
- bring in more depth in your paintings, by using shadow and light
- use the wonderful techniques of the roller
- complete a balanced series of trees
Get started now!
- Over 4 hours of video content, containing:
- an inspirational tour and sketching sessions on 2 fantastic locations in France
- a playing with the inks session in a beautiful garden with a stunning view
- the painting sessions in the studio: I show you my 4 pieces of art, step by step, including how to work with the acrylic paint
- and in the last part of the class adding the inks.
- A downloadable and printable PDF workbook filled with extra tips & tricks about creating a series, how to create shadow and light, composition, a lot of inspiring images and pages for journaling and your sketches.
- An option to jour our private Facebook community Luz Artworks where you can get inspiration, feedback and warm conversations with other students.
- Lifetime acces to the workshop. Study anywhere, anytime, at your own pace!
Get started now!
"For me, it was a very valuable class, that inspired me and helped me a lot. I especially learnt to do more with texture and working with different layers. I gained more confidence in creating my own art by seeing how Luz is working. Thanks for your support!"
- Coby, Student, Landscapes in Lines
Get started now!
Frequently Asked Questions
do you want to...
- find wonderful trees to sketch?
- be inspired by the beautiful France landscape?
- learn how to paint trees step by step?
- paint in a loose, abstract and impressionistic style?
- create a series of trees on wooden panels?
If one of these questions is 'Yes', then join me!
Get started now!
"It was a great pleasure to join in the course 'Landscapes in Lines'. This class was coming at the right moment, as I was figuring out how to translate landscapes into a more abstract form. I found it helpful to see how Luz firstly creates her sketches in nature and later uses them for her paintings. Also her special color palette was inspiring, which stimulated me to try to use different colors too. She showed her work, in many layers and with a lot of texture.
I am continuing my search for abstraction in paintings, to work in lines more and more. The instructions in the lessons are very clear and you can watch them time and time again.
- Nanneke, Student, Landscapes in Lines
Enrolling is easy, secure & fast!
Enrolling is easy and fast! When you are already familiar with online checkouts, just hit one of the big brown buttons on this page and proceed to the checkout. Don't forget to tick the necessary boxes in order to receive instructions to enter. You can start your class in 2 minutes! ;)
If you are quite new to this, please read the information below on enrolling and paying for the course and what to expect next. You’ll be on your way in just a couple of minutes! In the (rare) case that you might need some assistance, please don’t feel bad about yourself. Don't be shy and email me: click this link to open a new email message to me and I’ll personally guide you through the process. A simple Help in the subject of your email will do.
- Once you’ve decided to purchase my course you’ll be directed to the checkout page. You’ll be able to add a VAT ID (if applicable), as well as select which account and payment method you’d like to use to purchase the course.
- If this is your first time purchasing a course from this school, and therefore you do not have an account already, the email address you enter here will be used to create your account, which is necessary to access your personal course material. After you input an email address, click Continue to validate your email address.
- After completing your purchase, you'll be prompted to input your name and create a password for your account. You'll also be sent an email asking you to confirm your account.
- If you already have a school account, you'll have to enter your email address and click Continue. Then, you'll be prompted to enter your account password.
- Similarly, if you are purchasing my course and have an existing myTeachable account (on which this course is published), you'll be asked to input your myTeachable account's password.
- Enter your preferred payment option (Credit card, PayPal, Apple Pay or Google Pay) and information. Your payment will be processed via secure 128-bit SSL encryption. In some cases, your bank may require you to authorize your credit card payment. If so, a pop-up window will appear prompting you for additional information to authorize the payment with your bank.
- Don’t forget to hit that BUY NOW button after you entered your information ;)
- Once you complete your purchase, you’ll be directed to a thank you page and will automatically receive a receipt to the email specified in the Account Information section that provides more details about your purchase.
- You'll also receive an account confirmation email. To confirm that your email address is correct, click Confirm Email.
- Now, you can log in and access your new course, enjoy!