INSTANT ACCESS CLASS
course summary, what's included?
- more than 3 hours in 19 separate video lessons in which I'll show you how I design my flowers. You see me working on 2 wooden panels, which I develop step by step into balanced art pieces, using mixed media techniques;
- a workbook to download and / or print, with exercises to get you started, background information and a detailed explanation of all materials;
- an invitation to join our private Facebook community Luz Artworks where you meet with fellow artists. This is a great source of inspiration and a chance to share your work and gain valuable feedback.
- unlimited acces to the class
- the ability to watch the course at your own pace, when you want to, as often as you wish. You can watch it from your desktop, but also from your tablet or your phone in a browser or with a special iOS app.
- this is part 2 of 3 mixed media courses, each with a different theme and different techniques. Each part is a complete course! Part 1 is 'Pattern Playing' and part 3 is 'Angels' (launching soon)
- BONUS: 10% DISCOUNT on PART 1: Pattern Playing, if you missed that promotion in September. You'll receive your personal discount coupon right after you've purchased this course.
507 satisfied school members!
Get started now!
create flowers from your imagination
I invite you to create a flower scene from your imagination. In the video lessons (3 hours in total) I will show you various mixed media techniques that you can use right away. From preparing your canvas and creating a layered background, to choosing your colours and a composition. And of course how you build up the fantasy flowers step by step with for example paper, markers and textiles.
You can participate in this course if you have been painting for a while, but also if you have no experience at all. The course encourages you to play and, most of all: to enjoy the process. A perfect result is a nice bonus! Do you also want to lose yourself in a dreamy flower field? Then join us!
a layered background
In the course you see me working on two panels of 40x20 cm. You think about your composition in advance, or it happens when you're working on your piece(s), depending on which way of working you prefer. It's also up to you if you want to paint larger close-up flowers or you want to suggest a large flower field. I'll explain different techniques for creating a layered background. In this background you can often already discover shapes that you could use for your flowers. The flowers are often already there, you are the one to discover them and work them out.
the flowers are already there
You design your fantasy flowers by either painting them, or by gluing pieces of torn paper, that you may or may not have drawn on in advance. Making the flowers is very intuitive. You don't have to think about it and you don't have to copy real flowers. Everything comes entirely from your imagination! If you still find it difficult to get started, I will give you tips how to find inspiration. You will notice that once you get going, you're unstoppable!
mixed media techniques
What I love about mixed media, is you don't need many materials to work with. As a basis, all you need is a canvas, acrylic paint and paper for your flowers. The rest is up to you! You could add pre-patterned paper, fabric, tea bags... or even dried flower petals. I encourage you to think out of the box, as there are many resources you could use in your piece. Having said that, you don't need much in order to follow the class, I show a list of materials below on this page.
what you learn in this course...
- Different techniques to set up a layered background;
- how to choose a balanced colour palette for your panels or canvases;
- to work with multiple compositions that you could use;
- design colourful flowers in a playful way;
- all the secrets of creating a cohesive piece of art step by step with mixed media techniques.
“The course was very inspiring and it was fun to learn to use different materials to work with. Also I’ve learnt a lot new techniques, like working with the seam roller.
I had to step out of my comfort zone for the tearing and gluing part, but that brought me even more fun!
Your work is beautiful and very inspiring and encourages me to paint myself. The course is very clear and it’s great to create step by step something I like. I am thinking about purchasing the other classes too.”
-Anja, student 'Fantasy Flowers'
Marloes Bloedjes alias Luz is an artist living in The Netherlands, creating colorful, abstract paintings and mixed media artworks. She enjoys long walks in nature. Back home she mixes her impressions with her rich inner world. When these two come together, magical creations are born. In addition to her work as an artist, she teaches adults and children in her studio since 2010.
Since 2018 Luz is developing online classes, together with her partner, photo/videographer Anthony Verolme.
"In my art I feel a deep connection with myself and my inner world. If there were no art, there were no me."
Get started now!
Get started now!
“Hello I’m Leslie :) I live in Vancouver washington and I am so glad I found Luz Studio! My favorite subject is flowers and mixed media is my favorite way to use them! Fantasy Flowers was so much fun. I also purchased ‘Pattern Playing’ and I can’t wait to start with the mied media class about angels. Thank you so much for the class, Luz!”
- Leslie, student 'Fantasy Flowers'
Frequently Asked Questions
Get started now!
enrolling is easy, secure and fast!
Enrolling is easy and fast! When you are already familiar with online checkouts, just hit one of the big brown buttons on this page and proceed to the checkout.
You can start your class in 2 minutes! ;)
If you are quite new to this, please read the information below on enrolling and paying for the course and what to expect next. You’ll be on your way in just a couple of minutes! In the (rare) case that you might need some assistance, please don’t feel bad about yourself. Don't be shy and email me: click this link to open a new email message to me and I’ll personally guide you through the process. A simple Help in the subject of your email will do.
- Once you’ve decided to purchase my course you’ll be directed to the checkout page. You’ll be able to add a VAT ID (if applicable), as well as select which account and payment method you’d like to use to purchase the course.
- If this is your first time purchasing a course from this school, and therefore you do not have an account already, the email address you enter here will be used to create your account, which is necessary to access your personal course material. After you input an email address, click Continue to validate your email address.
- After completing your purchase, you'll be prompted to input your name and create a password for your account. You'll also be sent an email asking you to confirm your account.
- If you already have a school account, you'll have to enter your email address and click Continue. Then, you'll be prompted to enter your account password.
- Similarly, if you are purchasing my course and have an existing myTeachable account (on which this course is published), you'll be asked to input your myTeachable account's password.
- Enter your preferred payment option (Credit card, PayPal, Apple Pay or Google Pay) and information. Your payment will be processed via secure 128-bit SSL encryption. In some cases, your bank may require you to authorize your credit card payment. If so, a pop-up window will appear prompting you for additional information to authorize the payment with your bank.
- Don’t forget to hit that BUY NOW button after you entered your information ;)
- Once you complete your purchase, you’ll be directed to a thank you page and will automatically receive a receipt to the email specified in the Account Information section that provides more details about your purchase.
- You'll also receive an account confirmation email. To confirm that your email address is correct, click Confirm Email.
- Now, you can log in and access your new course, enjoy!