INSTANT ACCESS CLASS
The power of angels
This course is all about angels, or fairies or elves if you prefer to call them that. What they have in common is that they are magical beings who bring us a special message or they support us. And we need that more today than ever before!
- over 2 hours in 17 separate video lessons in which I'll show you how I create my angel. You see me working on a wooden panel, which I develop step by step into a balanced art piece, using mixed media techniques;
- a workbook to download and / or print, with exercises to get you started, background information and a detailed explanation of all materials;
- an invitation to join our private Facebook community Luz Artworks where you meet with fellow artists. This is a great source of inspiration and a chance to share your work and gain valuable feedback.
- unlimited acces to the class
- the ability to watch the course at your own pace, when you want to, as often as you wish. You can watch it from your desktop, but also from your tablet or your phone in a browser or with a special iOS app.
- this is Part 3 of 3 mixed media courses, each with a different theme and different techniques. Each part is a complete course! Part 1 is 'Pattern Playing' and Part 2 is 'Fantasy Flowers'.
- BONUS: 10% DISCOUNT on PART 1 AND 2: 'Pattern Playing' and 'Fantasy Flowers'. You'll receive your personal discount coupon right after you've purchased this course. You can save even more:
BUNDLE DISCOUNT for all 3 mixed media classes
If you are new to my school and you would like to dive in deep right away, please consider my Mixed Media Bundle containing all 3 mixed media classes. You will save a total of USD 21 on the regular sales price.
571 satisfied school members!
Get started now!
"I experienced the workshop ‘Mixed Media Angels’ as incredibly fun and relaxing! I learned many new techniques in terms of background, use of colour and the extra element of adding pre-patterned paper. I found that surprisingly beautiful! Luz is a friendly teacher, her explanation was clear and when I needed it, extra information was given. Luz encouraged me to paint in my own style. I have worked with great pleasure and would do it again!
I gave my angels a prominent place in my living room. 🤗 I’m so happy with them !!“
- Susan student in the workshop 'Mixed-media Angels' in Luz’ studio
Get started now!
Creating your magical angel step by step
In the video lessons I'll be showing you various techniques, that you can use right away. In the preparing stage, you'll be working on your background, you think about your colour palette and the composition and you will design some patterns. When you have collected enough elements to work with, you can start piecing together your angel. In the class I encourage you step by step how to bring your angel's face to life. So, if painting faces has always been challenging for you, don't worry!
Mixed media techniques
What I love about mixed media, is you don't need many materials to work with. As a basis, all you need is a canvas, acrylic paint and paper for your flowers. The rest is up to you! You could add pre-patterned paper, fabric, tea bags... or even dried flower petals. I encourage you to think out of the box, as there are many resources you could use in your piece. Having said that, you don't need much in order to follow the class, I show a list of materials below on this page.
Suitable for all levels
This class is suitable for all art levels, whether you are a beginner or an experienced artist. Everything will be explained step by step, I'll teach you a lot of techniques so there will be something new for everybody joining the course! Being open and eager to learn are more important than the level you're at!
Creating angels with my young students (6-11 years old) is a recurring event. Their results are stunning! So, the course is suitable for kids for sure. Wouldn't it b a wonderful activity to create some angels with your (grand)children during the Christmas holidays?
Marloes Bloedjes alias Luz is an artist living in The Netherlands, creating colorful, abstract paintings and mixed media artworks. She enjoys long walks in nature. Back home she mixes her impressions with her inner world. When these two come together, magical creatures can be born.
"In my art I feel a deep connection with myself and my inner world. If there were no art, there would be no me."
What you learn in this course...
- how to find inspiration and tune in to the angel you want to create;
- how to choose a balanced colour palette;
- designing patterns with 2 various techniques;
- how to assemble the dress or other clothes of the angel;
- how to bring your angel's face to life
- all the secrets of creating a cohesive piece of art step by step with mixed media techniques.
List of supplies
Frequently Asked Questions
Get started now!
Angels created by kids
These beautiful angels are created by my little students Fiep, Lily, Sofia, Melanie, Leonie, Lisa, Meimei and Isabelle:
Enrolling is easy, secure and fast!
Enrolling is easy and fast! When you are already familiar with online checkouts, just hit one of the big brown buttons on this page and proceed to the checkout. You can start your class in 2 minutes! ;)
If you are quite new to this, please read the information below on enrolling and paying for the course and what to expect next. You’ll be on your way in just a couple of minutes! In the (rare) case that you might need some assistance, please don’t feel bad about yourself. Don't be shy and email me: click this link to open a new email message to me and I’ll personally guide you through the process. A simple Help in the subject of your email will do.
- Once you’ve decided to purchase my course you’ll be directed to the checkout page. You’ll be able to add a VAT ID (if applicable), as well as select which account and payment method you’d like to use to purchase the course.
- If this is your first time purchasing a course from this school, and therefore you do not have an account already, the email address you enter here will be used to create your account, which is necessary to access your personal course material. After you input an email address, click Continue to validate your email address.
- After completing your purchase, you'll be prompted to input your name and create a password for your account. You'll also be sent an email asking you to confirm your account.
- If you already have a school account, you'll have to enter your email address and click Continue. Then, you'll be prompted to enter your account password.
- Similarly, if you are purchasing my course and have an existing myTeachable account (on which this course is published), you'll be asked to input your myTeachable account's password.
- Enter your preferred payment option (Credit card, PayPal, Apple Pay or Google Pay) and information. Your payment will be processed via secure 128-bit SSL encryption. In some cases, your bank may require you to authorize your credit card payment. If so, a pop-up window will appear prompting you for additional information to authorize the payment with your bank.
- Don’t forget to hit that BUY NOW button after you entered your information ;)
- Once you complete your purchase, you’ll be directed to a thank you page and will automatically receive a receipt to the email specified in the Account Information section that provides more details about your purchase.
- You'll also receive an account confirmation email. To confirm that your email address is correct, click Confirm Email.
- Now, you can log in and access your new course, enjoy!