INSTANT ACCESS CLASS
get back to your creative self
Do you remember, when you were a child, you used to draw and paint? No matter what, you just did it! And now, you feel that somewhere on the way you've lost that magical feeling of creating? Want to be in touch with your creative part again and embrace the joy of painting.
the landscape is all yours!
Sketching outside might feel a bit uncomfortable. What will 'they' say when they see you with a pencil in your hand? The secret is to feel free to just do it: the landscape is all yours! Showing you around in the amazing Dutch polder landscape, I help you to gain confidence in yourself and give you all the secrets to a pleasant outdoor session!
everybody can join!
Do you often think: 'Painting a landscape is too hard for me,' or 'I need to have more skills for working with perspective' or you're struggling with composition? I guide you, step by step! Back in the studio, we take every step that is required to tell your own unique story!
571 satisfied school members!
Get started now!
"It was a great pleasure to join in the course 'Landscapes in Lines'. This class was coming at the right moment, as I was figuring out how to translate landscapes into a more abstract form. I found it helpful to see how Luz firstly creates her sketches in nature and later uses them for her paintings. Also her special color palette was inspiring, which stimulated me to try to use different colors too. She showed her work, in many layers and with a lot of texture.
I am continuing my search for abstraction in paintings, to work in lines more and more. The instructions in the lessons are very clear and you can watch them time and time again."
- Nanneke, Student Landscapes in Lines
Marloes Bloedjes alias Luz is an artist living in The Netherlands, creating colorful, abstract paintings and mixed media artworks. She enjoys long walks in nature. Back home she mixes her impressions with her rich inner world. When these two come together, magical creations are born. In addition to her work as an artist, she teaches adults and children in her studio since 2010.
Since 2018 Luz is developing online classes, together with her partner, photo/videographer Anthony Verolme.
"In my art I feel a deep connection with myself and my inner world. If there were no art, there were no me."
by the end of the course, you will be able to...
- find a good work spot at your own location, that inspires you to make a sketch recognize lines and elements which will be useful for your own composition
- feel the joy of being outside and bring that joy into a sketch
- transform the sketch into an acrylic painting on canvas
- make a good composition
- tell your own story in a painting
You can see an example of one of the works I made in this class, click here!
- Almost 5 hours of video content, split up in:
- introduction & art supplies
- sketching sessions on 3 fantastic locations in The Netherlands
- preparations for the painting session like choosing the colors and the composition for the painting
- painting sessions in the studio: I show you 3 paintings I'm working on, each of them has a very different process
- A downloadable and printable PDF workbook with extra tips & tricks about perspective, images and notes/questions to write your own journal.
- Joining the private facebook community Luz Artworks where you can get inspiration, tips and get in contact with other students.
- Lifetime acces to the workshop.
See more of Luz' work here!
StartCollecting our sketches (11:42)
StartSupplies for the painting part (6:21)
StartBONUS - paint rollers review (24:51)
StartChoosing your color palette: In a silent boat (part 1) (10:48)
StartChoosing your color palette: Polder in Uitgeest (part 1) (11:10)
StartChoosing your color palette: Mill in Uitgeest (10:10)
StartChoosing your color palette: In a silent boat (part 2) (7:20)
StartChoosing your color palette: Polder in Uitgeest (part 2) (6:10)
StartCompostion time: In a silent boat (3:13)
StartComposition time: Polder in Uitgeest (8:46)
StartComposition time: Mill in Uitgeest (4:39)
Frequently Asked Questions
"For me, it was a very valuable class, that inspired me and helped me a lot. I especially learnt to do more with texture and working with different layers. I gained more confidence in creating my own art by seeing how Luz is working. Thanks for your support!"
- Coby, Student Landscapes in Lines