get back to your creative self
Do you remember, when you were a child, you used to draw and paint? No matter what, you just did it! And now, you feel that somewhere on the way you've lost that magical feeling of creating? Want to be in touch with your creative part again and embrace the joy of painting.
the landscape is all yours!
Sketching outside might feel a bit uncomfortable. What will 'they' say when they see you with a pencil in your hand? The secret is to feel free to just do it: the landscape is all yours! Showing you around in the amazing Dutch polder landscape, I help you to gain confidence in yourself and give you all the secrets to a pleasant outdoor session!
if i can get the skills, you can get them too!
Do you often think: 'Painting a landscape is too hard for me,' or 'I need to have more skills for working with perspective' or you're struggling with composition? I guide you, step by step! Back in the studio, we take every step that is required to tell your own unique story!
Get started now!
Marloes Bloedjes alias Luz is an artist living in The Netherlands, creating colorful, abstract paintings and mixed media artworks. She enjoys long walks in nature. Back home she mixes her impressions with her inner world. When these two come together, magical creatures can be born.
"In my art I feel a deep connection with myself and my inner world. If there were no art, there were no me."
by the end of the course, you will be able to...
- find a good work spot at your own location, that inspires you to make a sketch
- recognize lines and elements which will be useful for your own composition
- feel the joy of being outside and bring that joy into a sketch
- transform the sketch into an acrylic painting on canvas
- make a good composition
- tell your own story in a painting
To see an example of one of the works I made in this class, click here!
- Almost 5 hours of video content, split up in:
- introduction & art supplies
- sketching sessions on 3 fantastic locations in The Netherlands
- preparations for the painting session like choosing the colors and the composition for the painting
- painting sessions in the studio: I show you 3 paintings I'm working on, each of them has a very different process
- A downloadable and printable PDF workbook with extra tips & tricks about perspective, images and notes/questions to write your own journal.
- Joining the private facebook community Luz Artworks where you can get inspiration, tips and get in contact with other students.
- Lifetime acces to the workshop.
See more of Luz' work here!
StartCollecting our sketches (11:42)
StartSupplies for the painting part (6:21)
StartChoosing your color palette: In a silent boat (part 1) (10:48)
StartChoosing your color palette: Polder in Uitgeest (part 1) (11:10)
StartChoosing your color palette: Mill in Uitgeest (10:10)
StartChoosing your color palette: In a silent boat (part 2) (7:20)
StartChoosing your color palette: Polder in Uitgeest (part 2) (6:10)
StartCompostion time: In a silent boat (3:13)
StartComposition time: Polder in Uitgeest (8:46)
StartComposition time: Mill in Uitgeest (4:39)