INSTANT ACCESS CLASS
In this 6 hour class, I’ll be offering you a step by step guide in how to create a flower field painting with acrylic paint and defining your flower close-ups with acrylic ink. This is your chance to paint the flower field of your dreams.
This is the perfect time to get inspired by wild flowers like poppies and cornflowers! For this class I took a few days out to find a perfect location. I had something in mind: a perfect flower field with beautiful wild flowers, a quiet place to work and a painterly surrounding.
In my search for inspiration, I found a lot flowers, from walking around in the town to residential areas and even by the roadside. It turns out you don’t need an entire field at all! You don’t have to travel far, if at all! For those of you living with mobility issues, or with no easy acces to a garden or more rural areas, you could browse through your photo library, from which to gather inspiration… there is inspiration to be found in a humble bunch of flowers or a window box.
Make sure to watch my first lesson for free, and the promo video to get an impression of what you can expect!
Price: USD 119
"It was a great pleasure to join in the course 'Landscapes in Lines'. This class was coming at the right moment, as I was figuring out how to translate landscapes into a more abstract form. I found it helpful to see how Luz firstly creates her sketches in nature and later uses them for her paintings. Also her special color palette was inspiring, which stimulated me to try to use different colors too. She showed her work, in many layers and with a lot of texture.
I am continuing my search for abstraction in paintings, to work in lines more and more. The instructions in the lessons are very clear and you can watch them time and time again."
- Nanneke, Student Landscapes in Lines
Marloes Bloedjes alias Luz is an artist living in The Netherlands, creating colorful, abstract paintings and mixed media artworks. She enjoys long walks in nature. Back home she mixes her impressions with her rich inner world. When these two come together, magical creations are born. In addition to her work as an artist, she teaches adults and children in her studio since 2010.
Since 2018 Luz is developing online classes, together with her partner, photo/videographer Anthony Verolme.
"In my art I feel a deep connection with myself and my inner world. If there were no art, there were no me."
Do you want to...
- be inspired by beautiful poppy fields in Beldum?
- find inspiration in your own area?
- study your favourite flowers, paint flowers from different angles and work them out with acrylic ink?
- create more depth and texture in your artwork?
- paint in a loose, abstract and impressionistic style?
- create a great composition for the flower field of your dreams?
If the answer of one of these questions is 'Yes', please join me! This class is designed to help you, whether you are a beginner or you have already experience with acrylic paint and acrylic inks.
By the end of the course you will be able to...
- get inspired by nature and find your favourite flowers
- create a collection of valuable photos and sketches of your flowers
- enjoy working with different acrylic ink techniques
- paint your flowers step by step, from rough to more detailed
- create art with a loose, impressionistic and playful style
- bring in more depth in your paintings, by using shadow and light
- use the wonderful techniques of the roller
- complete a balanced flower field
- Over 6 hours of video content, containing:
- Location searches: from amazing flowers within my own home and garden, to my final poppy field location in Belgium.
- Flower studies: tips on how to study and sketch flowers botanical illustrator-style from different angles, with acrylic inks.
- Painting sessions: out in the field and back home in my studio: I’ll be showing you step by step how I select flowers, define my colour palette, build a strong composition, place flowers, and finally, work on detailed close-up florals.
- Close-ups: a detailed guide on how to add acrylic inks in the final stage of the class.
- A downloadable and printable PDF workbook file with extra tips & tricks on how to build a composition, how to use an image viewer and how to study your flowers. Plus pages with some inspiring images and extra pages for journaling and sketching.
- An invitation to join our private community Luz Artworks on Facebook where you have contact with fellow artists. This is a great source of inspiration and a chance to share and gain valuable feedback.
- Unlimited acces to the workshop.
"For me, it was a very valuable class, that inspired me and helped me a lot. I especially learnt to do more with texture and working with different layers. I gained more confidence in creating my own art by seeing how Luz is working. Thanks for your support!"
- Coby, Student Landscapes in Lines
Frequently Asked Questions
Enrolling is easy, secure and fast!
Enrolling is easy and fast! When you are already familiar with online checkouts, just hit one of the big brown buttons on this page and proceed to the checkout.
If you are quite new to this, please read the information below on enrolling and paying for the course and what to expect next. You’ll be on your way in just a couple of minutes! In the (rare) case that you might need some assistance, please don’t feel bad about yourself. Don't be shy and email me: click this link to open a new email message to me and I’ll personally guide you through the process. A simple Help in the subject of your email will do.
- Once you’ve decided to purchase my course you’ll be directed to the checkout page. You’ll be able to add a VAT ID (if applicable), as well as select which account and payment method you’d like to use to purchase the course.
- If this is your first time purchasing a course from this school, and therefore you do not have an account already, the email address you enter here will be used to create your account, which is necessary to access your personal course material. After you input an email address, click Continue to validate your email address.
- After completing your purchase, you'll be prompted to input your name and create a password for your account. You'll also be sent an email asking you to confirm your account.
- If you already have a school account, you'll have to enter your email address and click Continue. Then, you'll be prompted to enter your account password.
- Similarly, if you are purchasing my course and have an existing myTeachable account (on which this course is published), you'll be asked to input your myTeachable account's password.
- Enter your preferred payment option (Credit card, PayPal, Apple Pay or Google Pay) and information. Your payment will be processed via secure 128-bit SSL encryption. In some cases, your bank may require you to authorize your credit card payment. If so, a pop-up window will appear prompting you for additional information to authorize the payment with your bank.
- Don’t forget to hit that BUY NOW button after you entered your information ;)
- Once you complete your purchase, you’ll be directed to a thank you page and will automatically receive a receipt to the email specified in the Account Information section that provides more details about your purchase.
- You'll also receive an account confirmation email. To confirm that your email address is correct, click Confirm Email.
- Now, you can log in and access your new course, enjoy!